Monday, May 26, 2008

Border collies have talent...

That Debs, so worried about me, but, trust me, I’m OK. At least I think I’m OK. Sure, I may walk on three legs after we get home from the dog park, but, while I’m there...I run like the wind. And, after walking around on three legs, the fourth one kicks in after a while. A good long nap helps, too, along with a Bufferin sandwiched in some cream cheese. Yum!

Today, Debs took me to a local dog park where I can swim in Lake Michigan. Cool, very cool -- especially at this time of the year. She thinks swimming is great exercise for me – something about no impact. I just think it is great fun – the farther out she throws the ball, the more fun to go get the ball. (To think I was ever scared of swimming!) I even tried to bring back two tennis balls today, but my mouth wasn’t big enough, so I made two trips. And, I was doing a much better job of taking the ball back than any of those dopey black labs there today. They just wanted to run around in a pack and chase my ball – but they walked away from their human and their own ball. Dopey! And, they are also not very polite!

A dog that definitely is not dopey is Gin – the new girl of my dreams. Yes, I love Phoebe, but, take a look at this girl and you’ll see why I love her from afar. Gin is on Britain's Got Talent. On of the judges said that she may be the first non-human to win the talent contest! Maybe Debs can find her whilst in the UK!?

I'm going to take another snooze now, and I'm going to dream of Gin. I heard she made it to the finals. On behalf of border collies everywhere, I'm so proud!

2 comments: