Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blood, guts and fluff on the floor

I know I've been awol from the blog for a little while, so I thought I would share with you what I've been up to.

Here is a picture of me chewing a lovely bone -- beef I think. It was full of yummy marrow. I don't get bones very often.... well actually, ever. Wags is a veg, so there is seldom any meat in the house. If there is, it's usually for bribery purposes -- i.e., to get me to do something I wouldn't usually. This lovely bone is courtesy of Debs.... she is a nice human companion and sometimes gets bones for Jake. So she very nicely got one for me too! That's because one day when I went to Jake's house I discovered one of Jake's bones just lying around and claimed it as my own! Now I know the joy of bones.

Bones are also good for cleaning my teeth since Wags doesn't believe in taking me to the vet and letting them put me under the gas to have my teeth cleaned.


It hasn't all been mindless chewing however. Here is a picture of me displaying my softer side. Every good dog should get to experience the joys of disembowling of a hula monkey. The hula monkey is one of my favorite toys. I have lots of other soft toys, many of which I have ripped apart -- like squirrels, cats, and hedgehogs. There are others that I am more gentle with. In fact, I still have a little rubber tennis shoe that I got when I was a pup.






In this photo, you can see that I ripped the eyes out of a snake and some other silly stuffed creature. I'm not terribly discriminating really.

So now you know what I've been up to. Chewing and disembowling is an inside activity which I resort to because it is winter -- still -- and I don't get to spend much time outside. But soon -- they say -- it will be spring. Then I'll be able to show you what a good digger I am!

1 comment:

Amber-Mae said...

Mmm, I love bones too! We only get pork bones once a year as treats. Oh, good job with the stuffies Phoebe!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer