Thursday, March 27, 2008

Winter is fun, even in spring...


Woof! Humans are strange creatures. Phoebe, too. They complain and complain about winter – at least here in Chicago. I can’t figure out what’s wrong with winter. It’s the best time of the year for many dogs like me (although I can’t speak for my small and hairless doggie friends or Princess Phoebe). Why, you ask?

Let me tell you the top 10 reasons why I love winter and snow (and, yes, I like to stay up and watch Letterman with Debs – where else did you think I learned to think like this? By the way, I was thinking of submitting Debs to Letterman for some stupid human tricks. She does this really funny thing of picking up my poop, no matter where I put it!)

Jake's Top 10 Reasons for Loving that Cool Season - Winter:

1. It’s usually cold enough that when I run after the ball, even for more than an hour, my tongue isn’t hanging out like it does in summer.

2. I can stretch out in the snow and really cool my hot spots.

3. My feet stay nice and clean in winter snow – the minute the big melt arrives, Debs doesn’t stop until mid-summer with this annoying towel routine at the door.
4. There is an endless supply of white balls that Debs can make with her tennis ball thrower.
5. I can stick my nose into the snow to find my tennis ball and amaze everyone that I found it in 2 feet of snow. I’m so proud!
6. We can go into the deep north woods and know we are the first creatures to explore the path.
7. When we’re out at the dog park and I get thirsty, I can make and eat my own snow cones.
8. I can leave creative yellow drawings in the snow for others to read later. I just haven’t mastered the alphabet yet, but all my doggie friends know exactly what I’m saying and they can read it for a longer period of time.
9. I can store the bones Debs gives me in the snow and defrost them later. Refrigeration for dogs!

10. I can forget where I put some of my rawhide strips and then have a wonderful surprise finding them in the spring!
So wet and chewy!

By the way, it may be spring, but it sure doesn’t look like it here. It snowed and snowed today. In any event, I thought you’d like to see some good Chicago snow and me. Click on my movie and I’ll show you how simple it is for me to make Debs happy. Just a little hustle when she asks me to come. She is so easy to please. Humans can be so simple.

See you soon! Woof! Woof!

No comments: